Can you believe we have already been gone 3/4 of a year?! At this rate it doesn’t look like we’ll be making it back to the US in 2016… oops. Sorry, mom and dad!
In the last month we have traveled to fifteen cities/regions in four countries: Kraków and Warsaw in Poland; Derry, Bushmills, Ballintoy, Cushendun, and Belfast in Northern Ireland; County Donegal, Galway, the Cliffs of Moher, the Dingle Peninsula, and Dublin in Ireland; Inverness, Isle of Skye, Fort William, Glencoe, Loch Lomond, and Edinburgh in Scotland; and last but not least Munich, Germany for Oktoberfest! We spent a week in Ireland with Vesper’s parents, and now we’re traveling with Laura’s parents for a while.
Month 8 Observations
- Europe is pretty expensive. The UK is SO expensive. Unsurprisingly we are a bit over budget for this region.
- We gain weight when the food is cheap and delicious and there’s an actual craft beer scene. Thanks, Poland!
- We also gain weight when we travel with people. Probably something to do with eating regularly.
- Our friends and family have been far more likely to visit in Europe than South America.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road is scary as the driver and as the passenger!
- Ireland and Scotland are the first places we have been where English is the first language.
- We have finally acknowledged our coffee addiction and purchased a small French press to carry around.
- It’s hard keeping up with the blog when we have visitors. Posts take a lot of time to put together, and we don’t want to be on our computers when friends and family are here.