We recently finished up three weeks working at a brewery and exploring a bit more of Patagonia before heading back north. We had a great time this past month, and we’re (finally) heading to Europe in less than two weeks!! But first - Brazil!
In the last month we have traveled to seven cities in two countries: Coyhaique, Villa Cerro Castillo, and Río Tranquilo in Chile, and Esquel, El Bolsón, Bariloche, and Iguazú in Argentina.
Month 5 Observations
- We loved working in a brewery. We might need to do this for real when we get back home.
- Patagonia is amazing. So much so that we really want to come back when it’s not winter with our own tent, sleeping bags, and camping gear to do the many amazing treks that are available here.
- Bag boys in Argentina are a little pushy. They demand a propina (tip) just for putting your bag into the bus. Um, can I put it in for free?
- Argentinians clap when a plane lands. Hooray we survived another landing! Thank goodness too since everything in this country is so expensive!
- Beer we brewed this month: 1,200 liters
- Coldest night: Cerro Castillo in a domo. These are not designed for cold weather.
- Best food: Eating three square meals a day at our workaway!
- Favorite activity: Glacier trekking in Rio Tranquilo